Corbin and I took another epic adventure this past weekend/week. Since I don't work on Monday's and Friday's and had a day to use that I wouldn't get paid for, and Veteran's Day, I decided to go and visit Jed and Kara in their new stomping grounds in Denver. We also bought my mom a ticket for her 60th birthday. Corbin and I left on Friday morning from Bellingham bright and early. Our flight out of Bham was late and we had to run to make our flight to Denver or get stuck in the airport till 1:30. Our bags didn't make it but we did. We landed in Denver and it was almost 70 degrees! Last week it snowed 2 feet and then 70!
Jed and Kara just bought a house, a good fixer upper :-) But it's got a great yard, backs up to a public golf course and has access to the bike trail that runs all along the river into the city. We got to visit the school where Jed is teaching, Hinkley High School :-) He is doing Teach For America and it's really challenging him...which it would do to anyone, even if you have teaching experience.
Although Corbin was a little fussier than usual and his sleeping was a little challenging, we still had fun. Although we missed Adam terribly. I keep questioning myself when I get home from these trips about why I do them by myself because I am always beat at the end. But we had fun seeing Jed and Kara and my mom. Corbin showed them all his newest tricks and learned some new ones. His vocabulary is skyrocketing now. It's so cool how he is learning to say new words each day. His favorite word of the trip was "snow" because we found some snow banks to play in. He also got to ride a train and was going "choo choo" a lot too :-) We are working on "I love you" right now.
On Saturday we went for a short little hike outside of Golden. We got a late start, so we didn't go too far but we saw some good wild life and snow.
Jed and Kara just bought a house, a good fixer upper :-) But it's got a great yard, backs up to a public golf course and has access to the bike trail that runs all along the river into the city. We got to visit the school where Jed is teaching, Hinkley High School :-) He is doing Teach For America and it's really challenging him...which it would do to anyone, even if you have teaching experience.
Although Corbin was a little fussier than usual and his sleeping was a little challenging, we still had fun. Although we missed Adam terribly. I keep questioning myself when I get home from these trips about why I do them by myself because I am always beat at the end. But we had fun seeing Jed and Kara and my mom. Corbin showed them all his newest tricks and learned some new ones. His vocabulary is skyrocketing now. It's so cool how he is learning to say new words each day. His favorite word of the trip was "snow" because we found some snow banks to play in. He also got to ride a train and was going "choo choo" a lot too :-) We are working on "I love you" right now.
On Saturday we went for a short little hike outside of Golden. We got a late start, so we didn't go too far but we saw some good wild life and snow.
On Monday, my mom and I took the light rail into Denver and walked to the Childrens museum and met up with a high school friend, Michelle and her daughter Lily who is just a few months younger than Corbin. He had fun exploring the toddler area, climbing and driving the old fire truck.
Another high light for Corbin was Jed and Kara's bunny, Kevin (after the dog in "Up"). He kept saying "hi" to Kevin and making his bunny sound/face (scruntched up nose). Kevin comes in the house sometimes and he was so good with Corbin. He let him pet him, and give him kisses! Boo also wanted in on the action.
1 comment:
Sounds like a whirlwind! I am sure Jed and Kara loved that you came to visit~ I love the hiking shots!
Post a Comment