I have been very stressed out lately regarding possibly loosing my job next year. Schools everywhere are facing HUGE budget cuts. My school district estimates having to cut just over a million dollars. You think it won't happen to you, until it does. The budget recommendations came out on Friday. They are recommending cutting a big portion of couseling in my district. For those of you unfamliar with how schools work, cuts are based on seniority. I am on the bottom of the lists, so although they are mainly cutting elementary school counseling time, those counselors have priority over taking my position at the middle school. To make a long story short, I am working on a proposal to the school board about the importance of school counselors. It is a long shot but I have to try. I am also very torn about what I would like to do next year. In an ideal world, either Adam or I would be able to stay home with Corbin. I would like to go back to work half time. I love my job and I love staying home with Corbin. But I might not have a choice. I just don't like not knowing what next year is going to look like. And it's hard to make decisions without having any knowlege of the future. I am sure it will all work out for the best, but now it just feels stressful.
On another note. Here is what Corbin is doing as he turned 10 months!
On another note. Here is what Corbin is doing as he turned 10 months!
1. Climbing the whole staircase! By himself. And had his first fall down a small staircase too. Getting his first goose egg.
2. Standing for long periods of time, while clapping, waving, holding onto things, just free standing.
3. Waving and clapping on demand. Sometimes give a kiss :-)
4. Responding to "How big is Corbin?" by raising his hands above his head (when he doesn't have a cell phone in his hand :-)
5. "walking" while holding onto our hands. We are working on only holding one hand and walking.
6. Eating most of our table foods. I am trying to plan dinners so he can eat with us and what we are eating. Basically the only foods he is NOT eating are egg whites, honey, peanuts, tomatoes, citrus, strawberries, chocolate & sugary foods. He has loved garlic and slightly spicy foods!
7. Going on bike rides with us in the chariot.
8. Growing new teeth. Poor guy is in pain and unhappy sometimes :-(
9. Deciding to not go down for his morning nap until he talks to himself & plays for over an hour. Maybe we are moving to one nap???
10. Having some serious separation anxiety at times and others be fine.
11. Exploring the garden, grass, and outside world from the ground.
12. Learning to pat Brindzi and Gryffin and NOT grab them.
13. Being the cutest, most fun little guy around!
2. Standing for long periods of time, while clapping, waving, holding onto things, just free standing.
3. Waving and clapping on demand. Sometimes give a kiss :-)
4. Responding to "How big is Corbin?" by raising his hands above his head (when he doesn't have a cell phone in his hand :-)
5. "walking" while holding onto our hands. We are working on only holding one hand and walking.
6. Eating most of our table foods. I am trying to plan dinners so he can eat with us and what we are eating. Basically the only foods he is NOT eating are egg whites, honey, peanuts, tomatoes, citrus, strawberries, chocolate & sugary foods. He has loved garlic and slightly spicy foods!
7. Going on bike rides with us in the chariot.
8. Growing new teeth. Poor guy is in pain and unhappy sometimes :-(
9. Deciding to not go down for his morning nap until he talks to himself & plays for over an hour. Maybe we are moving to one nap???
10. Having some serious separation anxiety at times and others be fine.
11. Exploring the garden, grass, and outside world from the ground.
12. Learning to pat Brindzi and Gryffin and NOT grab them.
13. Being the cutest, most fun little guy around!
3 comments:
Exciting things!!! I'm happy to hear about the table food ordeal, and know that it will be a little easier (Lily's making progress; I need to write about it soon). I'm also happy to hear about the waving and clapping. We're working on both right now. And giving kisses! Hhehe.
Good luck with your job proposal. That really sucks that you even have to do that. You're right -- you don't think it would happen until it happens to you. I was the same way before I got laid off in B'ham. Now NWYS is going under altogether.
I'm so sorry about your job, Erin. That is so stressful! I am learning more than I ever wanted to know about town budget politics with my job at the library, but fortunately we aren't having to make any job cuts this year. Good thing you have such a cute little guy to cheer you up! Keep us all posted on how things progress for you. You're in my thoughts.
peace,
Caren
PS: I LOVED reading about your trip to Torfino! So fun!
i'm rooting for you! job-ee job-ee, keep erin in her job-ee!!
Post a Comment