Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's official - No twins

Dweezy

Dweezy's amazing phantom floating foot

We thought for a long time whether we even really wanted an ultrasound. Ultrasound hasn't been around for that long. Billions of babies have survived without it. No reason why ours wouldn't. Our midwife agreed; we're not a high risk.

But she did say that you can get some good information from ultrasounds. Mostly just reassuring. But good info. Still, we weren't really worried about anything, and so didn't really need reassurance.

In the end, we decided to do it not because we wanted any info, or wanted to make sure everything was OK, or because anyone thought we should. We just did it to take a peek. Check out the Dweezy.

It was fun. It's hard to see much, really. Kind of like those hand held cameras that are so popular nowadays. Since Erin is at about 26 weeks, things were a little more cramped than the normal, 20 week ultrasound (We had one scheduled at 20 weeks, but due to some scheduling snafus, it was canceled). Still, fun.

OK. You got us. We really did it so we could post the pictures on the blog. We live to serve our readers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, it looks like a baby! Does seeing that make it seem more real? Or maybe it already seemed completely real?

It definitely makes it more real to me, I'm looking forward to Unclehood!

Anonymous said...

The thing that made it most real for me was when I first felt a really good kick (or punch, elbow, knee, headbutt, whatever it was).

The ultrasound was OK, but was more surreal than real. Still, like I said in the post, it was fun. I'm not sorry we did it.

It'll be here before we know it. Yowza!

Anonymous said...

I love ultrasounds. We've had two so far (one in the beginning because we didn't know how far along I was), and we always look forward to them. We were relieved not to see two little beans in there too. Haha!

I love seeing your ultrasounds too! Makes everything so much more real. I can't believe we're gonna have babies at the same time (or roughly the same time, anyway). Never know when yours or ours will pop out!

Anonymous said...

baby's first picture!!