Monday, February 25, 2008

Done and done

Louis Auto Glass brought us six new windows today. They look excellent. Very clean. Would our old windows look better if we washed them once in a while?

Instantly noticeable is the reduced noise. Electric can be a bit of a busy street. These new windows block it out almost completely. Nice.

So the window project is done. Mostly because I didn't have anything to do with it. Except paying.

Since I had to stay home from work to let the window guys in, I:
  • Made Erin breakfast
  • Took Brindzi for a run
  • Went grocery shopping
  • Did laundry
  • Thought about chocolate chip cookies (this happens multiple times, every day)
  • Played Tichu online
  • Had a peanut butter banana sandwich for lunch
  • Cleaned the litter box
  • Called the accountant
  • Called the insurance company
  • And:
My best project helper Paul came over and we turned this:


Into this:

So the threshold project is done, mostly thanks to Paul and his table saw, router, and compressed air nail gun.

I'm so used to project not being done, it's kind of odd when they get finished. The stairwell room, while certainly not close to being done, is close to being painted, after which it will look much more done. Of course, now Erin wants me to build an entire closet in the baby room. Good thing I know nothing about building closets. Paul?

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Sounds like you and me are of the same ilk. My cravings might be a little more general, anything containing chocolate will do.

The threshold looks good.

Anonymous said...

I'd say that anything chocolate will do, certainly, if we're talking about cravings. Sure. Chocolatey treats are great, but given a choice between chocolate anything and a chocolate chip cookie, I'll almost always go for the cookie. No. Always.

But chocolate chip cookies just pop into my head at random times. It's not necessarily about cravings. Though I always want chocolate chip cookies, it's not really like a craving. I can live without them for long stretches, because they are a part of me. You can't take that away. And you can't satisfy that. It's deeper.

It's kind of like love.