Saturday, August 09, 2014

Cabinets!

Our cabinets arrived on my birthday! The delivery truck was here before 8 am and it was like Christmas!  It feels like a real kitchen! I was nervous to have them put up, what if I didn't like them. As soon as I saw them, I loved them...but there was this little bit of feeling like I made the wrong decision on the drawers. We chose not to have the drawers have the shaker look but to have flat fronts. I was regretting that decision... not that it looks bad but that for my own personal taste, I was not sure it was what I wanted. But now with handles and less cleaning of those little ledges, I think we made the right choice! 








With trim and crown molding!

Crown molding going up. 

We also hit one of our first opps! The cabinet that goes over the fridge didn't fit. Our contractor thought our cabinet maker had messed up...but then our fridge also wouldn't fit. They realized that they measured only on the bottom and not at the top and the old wall leans! So they had to tear out the new sheet rocked wall between the pantry and the fridge, shave down the studs, and add a thinner sheet rock. Ugh! It didn't take quite as long as we thought but more painting for us and more money on labor. 

Pantry doors and space for fridge
 Then the dust barrier came down and we can see through the whole space! This was amazing to me! It felt really real!

see the handles too?

Don't mind our mess! So light!

Love this view...wishing for a new dining light fixture, this one just is not right any more... but it's not in the budget. We will see when it actually happens :-)

Trim on the windows! We have been painting trim for the last 3 days! 

The stove will go under this window. 

Trim and handles!


Wine rack and finally cabinet above the fridge...you might notice how uneven the ceiling is and how much the trim piece is bigger on one end.



The view as I walk into the house.

The counter top comes on Monday...it's really coming together!!!

No comments: