Thursday, July 03, 2014

Insulation!

When we were doing demolition our contractor asked over the phone, "What was the insulation like?". We said, "What insulation?", as there was absolutely NO insulation at all in the entire kitchen! Now we have insulation!!

Our electrical is all wired. Can lights are in, under the cabinet lights ready to go, new outlets, light switches on both sides of the kitchen, and an outside light for our back entry! Yahoo. And insulation, warmth, energy efficient! Our contractor said it was a greener insulation with lower or no formaldehyde. Next week the sheet rockers come in. 




Pantry will be on the left and fridge on the right. 





I am having the hardest time picking floor tile. Now the decisions to make. I thought we wanted grey tile that would tie in really nice with our white cabinets and black granite. We are hoping to do a green backsplash tile... but then if felt too cold with the grey. The rest of our house has really warm colors, especially with the wood floors. But we can't do wood right now with the dog. She is just trashing them. So now I can't decide. And of course the back splash that I like, is the most expensive...even though it's a small square footage.  So we are thinking of white subway tile with some green glass as part of it but not the whole thing. Advice welcome!!! 

No comments: