The kids have been busy too! Corbin is LOVING his pre-k program this year. He likes that he is with the same kids each day, has a set schedule, has more structure, and is doing some amazing learning and exploring. He is developing some new friendships, exploring more things, and really growing into a learner! One of the parts of his program is called "The Lady Bug Program". Every Thursday they go on an outdoor community adventure. They get on the city bus or walk if it's close. They check out city parks, outdoor spaces, and different fun places around town. They go rain, shine, snow, etc. They really challenge the kids to get out of their comfort zone in a safe environment. Corbin loves it. Although he is exhausted when he gets home from these long days 7:45-4:45 pm!
Eliza is over course still loving going to our friend Jen's house. She and Silas rock it out doing all kinds of fun things! It's awesome that she can still get some great one-on-two attention doing fun things like the library, museum, going to plays, having play dates, art projects, and more!
The daycare situation is not working out quite as well as we hoped but it's not bad, just not ideal. One of our biggest challenges is that Corbin watches almost 2 hours of TV/Movies during his "quiet time". I know they are cared for and safe but it's just doesn't seem to fit us. Next year hopefully we can have some more time to find a better place for Eliza. And now she is exposed to "real" girl things like princess and Barbies...but that is another blog all together!
Some of the biggest challenges of working more is getting everyone home, fed, and in bed before meltdowns occur. Transitions are hard and we have had many meals that are not fun...We need to come up with something else on days when everyone is very tired. I am really trying to have easy quick and healthy meals for those work days. I am also not getting in the exercise that I need/want. That has been really hard to fit in and figure out. Especially now that it's really dark and rainy now...
Ok, here goes some fall pictures!!! I guess they could each be their own post but that just seems like too much work. I vow to try to be better :-)
Corbin and Alden's first cyclo-cross race!
| 80's rocker, Eliza. |
| that look is trouble... |
Really, this should be it's own post....I ran a half marathon! That's right 13.1 miles. My dad ran it with me. We did some walking and I was slow, but I did it!!! We finished in 3 hours and 58 seconds, just shy of our 3 hour goal. The last 3 miles were the worst, I was really slow but I did it. Thanks to my dad and my friend Jen who trained with me for 6 months!
| One of the best parts was when we saw our cheering squad! I loved it! |
| This was about 4 miles from the finish. |
| The end! |
| My awesome team! |
Cider pressing down on Bainbridge. We pressed 61 gallons in the rain. We had lots of great helpers.
Pumpkin patch!
Ok... I have to split it up it's just too much. Next up, Halloween and our trip to see my grandpa and meeting my new niece!!!
1 comment:
Isn't it crazy how fast this fall has gone? Working more is certainly to blame for me too! Looks like Fall at your house has been super fun!
Post a Comment