I love summer. It's been a great and busy week. But today I woke up hearing the rain. I was very tired from not sleeping well. Then I came downstairs and Adam told me I should text my brother to make sure he was ok or that his students were ok, there had been a horrible shooting in Aurora where he teaches. He is ok. He does not know if any of his students were involved but the movie theater was only a mile from his school. It hit closer to home. I have had a pit in my stomach all day. All that being said, here are some pictures that warm my heart and make me hold them close...
 |
| Naked Raspberry picking, how could it get any better! |
 |
| How did this little one year old turn into... |
 |
| this big boy??? |
We keep finding Eliza emerging from either the Raspberry bushes or under the blueberry netting. She looks at us and says "I hiding in blueberries!"
 |
| Dirty little garden helpers. |
 |
| Eliza was "helping" Adam weed by picking up clumps of dirt and squishing them. She was covered head to toe in dirt! |



Yesterday we rode our bikes almost 6 miles on the trails to the library and back. Corbin rode his bike too. We did have to stop on the way there because we found a dog without an owner. She was a sweet dog. She let me touch and pet her. I called the number on her collar. No one answered. I felt like I couldn't just leave her, so I called a friend to see if she could get me animal controls number. I called them and they arranged to meet us on a nearby street. I couldn't get the dog to follow me in one direction, so we changed locations. When I tried to get her to follow me to the street she just laid down. I had been waiting and dealing with this for about 20 minutes when a woman ran by. She said, "oh there you are Bear!" It was her dog. She said the dog had followed her but could not keep up, so she just kept running, thinking the dog would head slowly home. Seriously??? She just left her dog on the trail and kept running. Meanwhile I am trying to find a way to make sure the dog makes is safely home. I was very annoyed. She said thanks and ran off. Really, some people just don't get it.
But Corbin had a good ride to the library. We had a little food at the water fountain nearby. They were so funny! Such joy!
 |
| This girl cracks me up! |
|
The ride home was a little slower. It is almost all gradually up hill. Adam stayed behind with Corbin and I took the trailer with Eliza. It was a great first ride for Corbin.
The kids had swimming lessons every morning this week. A local private outdoor pool opens up lessons to the public. It's a great little pool. All the little kids get their own instructor and then as the levels go up there is 1 teacher per couple of kids. Corbin did a great job this year. Last year he would barely sit on the steps and cried most of the time. He wore his goggles, stuck his head in the water and had a smile the whole time. I was so proud of him! Eliza was a little more hesitant. I had to sit by the side of the pool with her for a couple of days. There was one young boy who had her 2 days. She did not like him. He was great but she did not want to go out in the water with him. The last two days she did much better. Today we had to end it after only 10 minutes because of lightning and thunder. It was Friday Fun day, where they have lots of fun slides, go off the diving board and huge beach balls. They were both bummed! We will take another week of lessons at the end of the summer.
 |
| Getting ready to put his face in. |
 |
| Eliza going down the slide on Friday Fun day. |
 |
| A few smiles on the first day. |
 |
| Weee!! |
Adam and I celebrated 9 years of marriage yesterday too! A good friend gifted us his niece as a babysitter and so we go to go out for dinner. It was a beautiful night and we had some great Bellingham food fare.
August seems like it will be here before we know it. We have a VERY busy next couple of weeks. I am back training for my half marathon after my two weeks post surgery. We are getting higher in mileage...eek! Keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment