I can't even begin to say how much I love my group of mom friends. It's amazing how much community means to moms. I still have great friends who are not mom's but I think that I would not enjoy being a part-time stay at home mom as much as I do without these moms! One thing about getting to know these ladies is finding how much we enjoy and value similar things. It's been really fun to do things I enjoy with a great group of ladies! This past Sunday, a group of us went up to Cypress Ski Area to x-country ski. It's right outside of Vancouver, BC. Amazing views of the city and the water, great snow and groomed trails, and then some Sushi on the way home! It was perfect. Seven of us were able to go. Two were beginners and the rest of us had varying levels but were all good to ski together. I felt a little bad leaving our beginners after a real quick lesson (real quick). But we met up with them a few times. Cypress has lots of criss-crossing trails. And lots of hills! Good for downhill but lots of work going up.
Bethany, Jill, Liliana, Daylen, me, Aimee, and Lynette.It was a pretty nice day. Some snow early but it was really trying to clear up while we were skiing. But it was cold!
Then we hit up some yummy Vancouver Sushi. We all ordered way too much because we were thinking Bellingham prices and sizes (expensive). So we all came home with left overs, hopefully that is legal to bring across the border :-) My car did get a random search on the way up. Luckily we were early and it only took a few minutes!
Thanks Ladies for a great time! What's our next adventure going to be ??
Then it was gorgeous out this morning, albeit cold. But Jill and I were up for an adventure. We decided to go for a hike. It had to be Corbin speed though, since I had both kids and only one could get carried.
2 comments:
Cypress was soooo fun! Can't wait for the next adventure. Nice work on the hiking Corbin! Isn't it amazing how far they can walk these days?
WOW!! Good little hiker, CORBIN!! Way to GO!
Post a Comment