I was recently able to attend an old friend, Abby, from high school's wedding on Cape Cod, Mass. I used my frequent flier miles to fly myself to Boston! It was a little mini vacation for me. It was great to get a chance to see some old friends from high school. It was one of the best weddings I have been too. All the little details were taken care of. I feel so honored to have been a part of so many of the wedding events from Friday night through Sunday. Since I was there without Adam and my friend Julie was there without her partner, we were each others dates. Julie was a part of the wedding party. Abby was so generous to allow me "hang" out will all the brides maids activities :-)
We were greeted at our hotel by a wonderful little welcome bag full of Cape Cod goodies. I then got to attend the brides maids brunch (thanks Abby!!!), have a little nap and me time, and then go to the rehearsal dinner. Oh my the food and drinks! The food just kept coming. I ate lobster for the first time, ate great food, and drank good wine!
We were greeted at our hotel by a wonderful little welcome bag full of Cape Cod goodies. I then got to attend the brides maids brunch (thanks Abby!!!), have a little nap and me time, and then go to the rehearsal dinner. Oh my the food and drinks! The food just kept coming. I ate lobster for the first time, ate great food, and drank good wine!
After the rehearsal dinner they had a welcome party for all guests. More amazing food and drinks! Then we got shuttled back to our hotel. The next morning Julie had to get up early to start getting ready for the wedding. I got to sleep in! Take my time, eat free breakfast, and then headed in to see them get their hair and make-up. Wow, what gorgeous ladies, before the make-up too!
The forecast had been for 70-80% chance of rain on Saturday. Abby had to make a 9 am decision about an outside ceremony or inside. There were blue skies on Saturday morning and it turned into an absolutely gorgeous day! No rain at all!
Like I said, all the little details were taken care of. All guests were shuttled to the wedding! Then there were flip flops for all guests if they needed them because the actual ceremony was on the beach.
The ceremony was beautiful! Cliff and Abby wrote it all themselves and it was very personal, heartfelt, and funny! What a great match they are!
I can't even begin to tell you how amazing all the food was. And the drinks! As we came up from the beach they handed us all either champagne or a "Welfleet" something or other. Then the appetizers, oh my! I kept thinking about how much Adam was missing! Then the dinner. SO GOOD! The band was also amazing! So much fun dancing!!!
Oh and then there was the after party at our hotel! Wings, pizza, fries, more drinks, oh my! And then the send off brunch the next morning! It was an amazing weekend. I also got to see my good friend Kat, who came down to Boston for lunch. It was so nice to see her too.
It was a rough transition back home, it always is but it was so much fun! Thank you to Abby and Cliff!! And also to Julie for carting me around all weekend!
2 comments:
Sounds like such a fun weekend, Erin! I think I could use a getaway like that myself...
Good for you! That sounds like so much fun. I saw your hubby at the park with the kiddos while you were gone.
Post a Comment