Monday, October 05, 2009

The colors of fall

What a fall weekend! Blue skies, warm days, crisp nights! It was amazingly fallish. We had a good weekend with my dad here, spending time with friends at the Market, going to the Cloud Mountain Fruit Festival eating caramel apples, apple pie ice cream, picking cool looking gourds, pumpkin patch, and then watching grandpa kayak race. It was a busy but good weekend (minus Corbin's short naps and oncoming cold).




A wheelbarrow ride from Julie.

No matter how hard we tried, we could not get Corbin to look at the camera. The pumpkins were too interesting!

Even Julie tried.

But he did like pushing all the pumpkin's over.


Finally Julie started jumping up and down and acting all crazy like and we got a SMILE!



Then on Sunday morning Corbin and I made the trek out to Glacier Creek Campground to watch my dad kayak race on the North Fork of the Nooksack River. We had to bundle up because it was chilly up there!

Brindzi was excited to come along and find all the sticks floating in the water.


My dad won both his class and the whole thing. There weren't too many racers for this small venue but it was still fun to go out and watch. Corbin liked watching him in his "boat".

Then today I braved watching 3 little boys! Wow. I am pooped. Corbin and Brody were a little fussy because they have colds. Oh my. I am SOOOO thankful I don't have triplets or have to do this all the time! Of course they all wanted in the wheelbarrow but then once they were all in there, they didn't want the others in and wanted out! No smiles for the camera.

We got Corbin a climber/slide on craig's list last week. Today they ventured to check out the inside fort like thing. Corbin got stuck and Alden thought it was funny! Corbin climbs up and slides down OVER and OVER again!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I'll bet Corbin loves having his own slide around!

You called your dad "dad" and "grandpa" in the same sentence...you've adopted a new perspective!

Helen said...

WOW, look at those smiley shots of Corbin! Definitely frame-worthy! How cuuttee. I love when the little ones smile like that. Julie did good with her jumping up and down. Hehe. Speaking of, I'm going to try to take a day out of a weekend sometime and take Lily across the border. She did well the last time I went across with her. Maybe we can get together and have a play date, and I can finally see you guys again!