Really my baby is 15 months old. Holy wow! That's only 3 months from being 18 months which seems so old. He's a toddler now. Not a baby. Craziness.
We have had almost 3 weeks of me being back at work. Our transition has gone so smoothly. I can't even begin to describe how nice it's been to transition back to work not worrying about Corbin. Now I only have to worry about the grumbles of the public school system and school culture :-) He is loving being with Melissa (our nanny) and Brody (his buddy) all day. It also helps so much that he is either at Becky's house or our house. Our morning routine changes each day depending on when he gets up, but we have it mostly down. Or I should say, Adam has it down. I need to leave the house at 6:30 most days. Yeah, that's early. He has woken up just as I am leaving, or even earlier (ggrrr) most days. Today was the first day he wasn't awake before I left. It was the first time I cried leaving the house. I have never not seen him before leaving for the day. Of course he woke up only 5 minutes after I left... He and Adam get some good quality breakfast time, take Brindzi for a walk, and pack up before they need to head out the door. Then I pick him up. One of the biggest challenges has been the whole car seat logistics. Ha. I miss him while I am gone. I wonder about wanting to stay home full time. Wondering if we could make it work. If it would be good for him and me? I miss some of my stay-at-home mom friends and going to the park and play group. I am also mostly glad to be back at work. I do love what I do. And I am really glad I get to have 2 days at home. I feel lucky in that aspect. Ok enough about that boring subject... here is what Corbin is up to at 15 months!
Climbing into things.
We have had almost 3 weeks of me being back at work. Our transition has gone so smoothly. I can't even begin to describe how nice it's been to transition back to work not worrying about Corbin. Now I only have to worry about the grumbles of the public school system and school culture :-) He is loving being with Melissa (our nanny) and Brody (his buddy) all day. It also helps so much that he is either at Becky's house or our house. Our morning routine changes each day depending on when he gets up, but we have it mostly down. Or I should say, Adam has it down. I need to leave the house at 6:30 most days. Yeah, that's early. He has woken up just as I am leaving, or even earlier (ggrrr) most days. Today was the first day he wasn't awake before I left. It was the first time I cried leaving the house. I have never not seen him before leaving for the day. Of course he woke up only 5 minutes after I left... He and Adam get some good quality breakfast time, take Brindzi for a walk, and pack up before they need to head out the door. Then I pick him up. One of the biggest challenges has been the whole car seat logistics. Ha. I miss him while I am gone. I wonder about wanting to stay home full time. Wondering if we could make it work. If it would be good for him and me? I miss some of my stay-at-home mom friends and going to the park and play group. I am also mostly glad to be back at work. I do love what I do. And I am really glad I get to have 2 days at home. I feel lucky in that aspect. Ok enough about that boring subject... here is what Corbin is up to at 15 months!
Climbing into things.
Climbing on chairs. Climbing on tables. Climbing the stairs. Sliding down the stairs. Trying to climb the heater to see out the window. Get the picture?
- He is running.
- He is sleeping 11-12 hours at night. Waking up between 6-7 am. We have an early riser folks.
- napping once a day for about 1-2 hours. One hour is not enough.
- Still nursing once at night before bed.
- He has a few words- that we know what they mean- others might not: duck, mama, dada, apple, ball, bath, more, wow, uh oh, balloon, that. Most of them are just the beginnings of the word but they are distinct enough to us.
- He is of course signing a lot too. Lately we have been working on cracker and cereal and diaper change. Sometimes he wakes up in the morning and signs "berry please" right away!
- He can make all kinds of animal noises. And some of them sound really real:-)
- He would eat bananas and blueberries all the time if he could.
- He likes to use a spoon and fork and gets about half of it on his face, down his bib, or in his hair instead of in his mouth but he loves trying!
- He loves to help with anything he can. Especially putting dishes in the dishwasher. Or even just handing our dishes to Adam to put in the dishwasher.
- He loves shoes and socks. He know where they are and will go get them when asked or put them away.
- He wants to go outside ALL the time. Melissa takes them outside A LOT! We love it!
- He likes to push things like us, the stroller, the laundry basket, etc.
- He chases Gryffin and Brindzi now. They are both terrorized by him. Gryffin has gotten him once.
- He constantly has scrapes on his knees. He will run and trip on the gravel, walkway, anything.
- He loves to pick tomatoes and eat them.
- He loves to dance.
- He knows where the animal crackers are "hidden".
- He had his first stomach bug and threw up ALL over. Twice.
- He has tantrums.
- He loves to use the pens and crayon and draw.
- He is obsessed with watching the garbage and recycling trucks. Obsessed.
3 comments:
Awww. 15 months! He's such a sweetie.
Maybe after a little while you'll settle in good and snug at work again. It must be tough, but it also must be awesome to have a "grown up" life again! Some days I miss that, A LOT.
I love the image of him asking for berries first thing in the morning. And wow he's looking older in those photos, can't wait to see you guys this weekend.
I've been waiting for a Corbin update for what feels like months. Yay!! :) I love that he and Lily are doing such similar things. It's so awesome. They are growing so fast!! I'm also glad you found a good nanny, someone you can trust. We are still struggling with that ourselves. You *are* lucky to be able to work part time and see Corbin most of the days. Wonderful, wonderful. I'm happy for you. :)
Post a Comment