Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Presidential Vacation

As is our tradition, we spent another Presidents' Day weekend, skiing, eating, and enjoying the company of friends. Of course, this year there were babies! Jill and Paul, and Becky, Kevin, and Brody joined us in Leavenworth. It was different and the same with little creatures around. Biggest difference: Not effectively sleeping in. Biggest sameness: I'm still not hungry.

The cabin was OK. It was probably the worst one we've stayed in so far. Kind of unfinished (though mostly just cosmetic details) and somewhat ghetto (like a refrigerator shelf held up by boards and a wobbly kitchen faucet that eventually worked a pipe loose and caused a leak, which Paul fixed). Still, it was not here, and it was cozy enough.

We didn't do a lot of skiing. Just two days. I could blame this on babies, but really, I think we were all quite content to lounge and play games and read and eat. Very pleasant.

It was good, also, to see Kevin and Meghan when we got home. They were nice enough to house/animalsit for us, and stuck around for some Corbin time and leftover curry. And Bananagrams. And Spite and Malice.

Here's a diaper-full of pictures for you!



"Well boys, what'll ya have? Sorry, those cookies are off limits. How about some delicious and exotic chunks of avocado?"










1 comment:

Meghan said...

Looks like fun! I especially like the pic of Corbin with Sorry and Taboo, he looks like he wants to get into trouble! :)