Saturday, January 26, 2008

Growing

Ok, so many of you have asked for it. Here is a picture of my growing belly, at week 17. I can really tell it's growing and my clothes don't fit any more but for some people it's still really hard to tell. What I call my extra padding has disguised my "bump". I noticed other (skinny) women at my prenatal yoga class who were the same weeks along (19), had what appeared to be much larger "bumps". I have always just had a little extra around my middle :-)

Yesterday I went out and bought my first maternity clothes. I was down to only having 2 pairs of jeans that fit. Now I have a pair of pants for each day of the work week, with stretchy bands no less. I find most typical maternity shirts a little much right now, they make you look extra big. So I am sticking with a few longer and just stretchier fabric. We will see how long that lasts, I found I now have to hide that funny band around all the jeans:-)

I am still a little overwhelmed by the whole baby room thing. I don't really know where to start of when I need to start. I feel like I still have a ton of time, although I know it will go quickly. So for now, I am just waiting and leaving it empty. It's already painted, it just needs stuff. Baby stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! I made a baby site for our little one too - http://bean.blathersnort.com. I posted belly bump photos on there. :) I'm at week 16 now. Just a few weeks behind you. My pants stopped fitting around week 12, and I was down to two pairs of pants. I had to buy maternity pants really early, although hardly anyone noticed I was showing.

So exciting to see baby bumps!!!

We haven't started on the baby room at all. I'm very overwhelmed with the whole ordeal.

Erin said...

cool, I will have to check out your site. I think I am pretty lucky to have gone this long without having to buy clothes. It's also pretty easy to hide the growing stomach. We have plenty of time to figure out the whole baby room thing!

Have fun!