Saturday, November 17, 2007

More projects means more things half done

Such as:

I built a frame to fit under the stairs.

And it fit! At least, it fit close enough. There is a 2'x2' door framed in. On the floor on the right you can see Gryffin's cat flap door. The cupboard under the stairs is his new bathroom. It took him a while to figure out how the flap works. He thought it was a window, not a door, and it closed on his tail a few times.

I cut the damn triangle of sheetrock backwards, and I had no more scraps. So it went in backwards. Couple extra coats of primer and it should be fine. Gryffin's door is now cut into the triangle, and the big door is cut out, but not finished. Like I said...half done.

Before Bert and Dani left for Bend, we (well, mostly Bert) put up our arches in the hallway.

And sheetrocked them.

And now they're just waiting for mudding and taping. Actually, all of the sheetrocking is finished except for a small bit on the stairs. I'm waiting for Mike, master tape artist, to help me out. Until then...half done. Or maybe two-thirds.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Wow! The arch looks fantastic! And the cat room is genius!

Kevin said...

Pretty snazzy stuff, says I